Sunday, July 22, 2007

Cambodia

Why go to Thailand when there's Cambodia?? That's what Melissa and I have kept asking ourselves. We've spent the last few days here in Siem Reap, Cambodia and are both absolutely loving it. We've been seeing the temples of Angkor Wat and others, which have been amazing. Of course, even more than the sights, the people we've met have been so lovely! I have an excessive amount of pictures, all of which I plan to upload to Flickr during my loooong layover in the Bangkok airport tomorrow (Monday).

The poverty is harder to ignore here than it is in Thailand, but you know what? That's okay -- I don't really want a sanitized tourist environment. Its been pretty heartbreaking but also really fun. And the food is great; our meals here have generally been better than in Thailand and I looove Thai food.

I'm on a really bad computer so I'll keep this short...but I plan to upload my pictures and write a more extensive blog tomorrow when I have lots of time to kill at the airport. Right now I just want to go and enjoy our last night in beautiful Cambodia!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cambodia's better than Thailand - noted. I'm so jealous!