Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chiang Mai

We just got into Chiang Mai an hour or so ago and are staying with a couple that are friends of a friend of Melissa's in San Francisco. One is an (American) retired English professor. We haven't met his Thai partner yet -- he's at a class. Chiang Mai looks really beautiful!

Our last night in Phuket was very fun. We went out with the owner of the hotel to an amazing drag show, it was SO great. If anyone ever goes to Phuket, definitely stay at CC Blooms! We only have wonderful things to say about the place. It was beautiful, not super touristy, and the staff are great, especially Miss Canada, the transgender cook. Most of our evenings out were spent with locals, not other tourists, which I think is a little unusual. Its been perfect!

I'm so tired (again)!! Its hard for me to type coherently. I think after we eat I'll perk up a bit. Just wanted to check in! I should be able to email/post more frequently because there's internet here at the house. I'll post again soon!

No comments: