Friday, June 8, 2007

Akua Serwaah's Last Day

As the title suggests, I got the spelling of my name in Ghana completely wrong before. Today someone wrote it for me. So there is the correct version!

Today was my last day of volunteer work at the hospital. We had a little party in the morning and took some pictures. I'm uploading them to my flickr account as we speak, providing that this old computer holds out on me. I'm also uploading some pictures from the past few days. A lot of them were taken by neighborhood kids who loove playing with digital cameras. You'll probably be able to tell which ones were taken by the kids!

Over the past weekend and on Monday, a LOT of new volunteers showed up. We all went somewhere on a tro-tro yesterday, and there were 14 of us. Amazingly, we were able to find a tro-tro with room for all of us. Everyone is very nice. Its been fun to have more people around, although I really enjoyed the house when I was able to hang out with the girls a lot, too. Its nice either way. Since I've been here a couple of weeks, everyone is asking me lots of questions. I feel very knowledgeable, even though I'm really not!

Everyone at work was really sweet today! They usually are, but since its my last day it was even better. I'll definitely miss them. All week my boss, Sister Leticia, has been calling me "Boss Lady" or "Senior Woman" since she told me to train the new volunteers that started. Its pretty cute. All the people I worked with told me to send greetings from Ghana to my family and friends at home. So...hi from Ghana!

Tonight the huge group of volunteers, Tina & Melody (my host-sisters), Edem (language teacher), Kofi (drove us some places) and not sure who else are all going out for a bit to celebrate my last night here. Tomorrow morning I'm going to go to the beach! There's a really nice one nearby. Then tomorrow night I am off to Egypt! I heard the power is supposed to be off tomorrow, so I may not get a chance to write until I'm in Cairo. Love to you all!

No comments: