Saturday, June 9, 2007

Goodbye, Ghana!

Tonight I leave Ghana and fly to Egypt. Its definitely a bittersweet feeling. I'm going to miss this country, but I'm very excited to continue the trip.

Last night a huuuuge group went out to a local bar/restaurant to celebrate my last night. There were at least 20-25 people, I think! Big Mama, Gloria, my 3 host sisters, Edem, Kofi and a hoard of volunteers all came. It was so lovely! It was the perfect send-off. This morning I woke up and went to the beach for a few hours, where I ran into Ezekiel, our minister/reggae singer friend from Cape Coast!! That guy is everywhere, its so funny.

Well, I'm off. My next post will be from Egypt!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my neck hurts. next project...picture alignment. otherwise, ghana looks to be rockin'! have fun in egypt, uae, vietnam (w/tonya), and anywhere else you might be heading in between or before you get here to japan. looking forward to seeing you, lady! wanna climb a mountain?

Jen said...

I agree with Mr. Brett about the photos, but I thought it had an endearing quality. I'm very jealous of your send-off. And I cannot believe that you ran into Eze again. He was emailing me about you, trying to get a hold of you, and then he randomly runs in to you. That's so wild. Take care, C.!